Toastmasters is a place where you can develop and grow – both personally and professionally. You join a community of learners, and in Toastmasters meetings we learn by doing. Whether you’re an executive, a stay-at-home parent, a college student, or a retiree, you will improve yourself, by building skills to better express yourself in a variety of situations.
You’ll also open up a world of new possibilities, including giving better work presentations; leading meetings – and participating in them more confidently; speaking more smoothly off the cuff; even handling one-on-one interactions with family, friends, and colleagues more positively.
Visiting the Club
Founded in 2002, Nuremberg Toastmasters was the first Franconian Toastmasters club and consequently has many experienced members. Our primary goal is to help all members to become better speakers and thereby successful leaders in their professional and daily lives.
Our members are both native and non-native English speakers, people who help to establish a uniquely professional and supportive learning and training atmosphere at each meeting.
You’re warmly invited to visit our meetings as a guest. This is the best way to find out if Nuremberg Toastmasters is what you’re looking for.
As a guest you won’t have to participate actively in the meeting if you don’t want to. Just sit back and enjoy the whole evening. However, at the beginning we will ask you to introduce yourself and at the end we would like to hear your opinion of the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you.
Have you already visited our club and would now like to become a member?
Toastmasters is an effective way for you to overcome the fear of public speaking.
Even if you’re already an experienced speaker, Toastmasters can help you polish your communication and leadership skills and take you to the next level. This is why our club has a variety of speakers, from novice to master.
At our meetings, you’ll learn to handle a variety of speaking situations by giving presentations in front of a friendly and diverse group. Our members come from all over the world and are united by there common love of the English language – they are native and non-native speakers. They will give you constructive feedback and above all, you can be sure to have great fun with us.
As a member of Nuremberg Toastmasters Club you have the opportunity to:
- Develop your presentation and leadership skills
- Conduct efficient, productive meetings
- Connect more effectively with your audience
- Understand the importance of eye contact, posture and gestures
- Use voice to persuade others
- Become aware of any distracting speaking mannerisms
- Learn to pace your talk and use effective pauses
- Provide constructive feedback to others
How to Join
Are you ready to start meeting your communication and leadership goals?
It’s easy to become a member!
- Complete a membership application form and submit it to any club officer
- You will receive information on how to transfer your membership fee to the Nuremberg Toastmaster account
- You will then be inducted as a member
Shortly after receipt of your membership application and fee
- You will receive your Welcome note from Toastmasters International, including information on accessing Pathways
- The Vice President Education will discuss the first assignments with you (timekeeper, ah counter, grammarian)
- You will be assigned a mentor
- You will start receiving The Toastmaster monthly magazine from Toastmasters International