Choosing a Path
One of the first things you’ll need to do, perhaps along with your Mentor, is select the Path you would like to follow. The following process might help:
- Familiarize yourself with Pathways at a high level: Review the Pathways At-A-Glance document, which provides an overview of the 10 Paths, 5 Competencies and 5 Levels
- See which required projects appeal to you: The elective projects in each Path are almost identical; it’s the required projects in Levels 3-5 that distinguish each Path. Review the Required Project Matrix, which maps the required projects in each Path. Mark which projects sound most useful to you. Project descriptions can be found in Base Camp or in the “Project Description” document above.
- Take the official Pathways Assessment: Log into your Toastmasters International account, select Pathways / Take the assessment from the menu. The results will give you three suggested Paths.
- Compare the top paths from activity (2) with the results from activity (3) to make your decision. The “Paths and Core Competencies” document above might also prove useful as a reference.
- Order your Path while logged into your Toastmasters International account. Each member receives one Path as part of their membership. Do keep in mind that you can select any Path that you wish – the steps above are simply one way of analyzing your options.