Have you already visited our club and would now like to become a member?
Toastmasters is an effective way for you to overcome the fear of public speaking.
Even if you’re already an experienced speaker, Toastmasters can help you polish your communication and leadership skills and take you to the next level. This is why our club has a variety of speakers, from novice to master.
At our meetings, you’ll learn to handle a variety of speaking situations by giving presentations in front of a friendly and diverse group. Our members come from all over the world and are united by there common love of the English language – they are native and non-native speakers. They will give you constructive feedback and above all, you can be sure to have great fun with us.
As a member of Nuremberg Toastmasters Club you have the opportunity to:
- Develop your presentation and leadership skills
- Conduct efficient, productive meetings
- Connect more effectively with your audience
- Understand the importance of eye contact, posture and gestures
- Use voice to persuade others
- Become aware of any distracting speaking mannerisms
- Learn to pace your talk and use effective pauses
- Provide constructive feedback to others
How to Join
Are you ready to start meeting your communication and leadership goals?
It’s easy to become a member!
- Complete a membership application form and submit it to any club officer
- You will receive information on how to transfer your membership fee to the Nuremberg Toastmaster account
- You will then be inducted as a member
After receipt of your membership application and fee
- The Vice President Education will discuss the first assignments with you (timekeeper, ah counter, grammarian)
- You will be assigned a mentor
- Shortly after this you will receive your New Member Kit containing your manuals from Toastmasters International
The Toastmasters Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and your club, you promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
Keeping informed, you will also